Coach: Shannon Rutledge

Shannon Rutledge


Owner/Coach

Holds CrossFit Level 2 Trainer, Gymnastics, Powerlifting, and Weightlifting Certificates.

Hi! I’m Shannon. I am one of the owners of CrossFit SPT.

Unlike Casie, I got started in the CrossFit world later in life. I have two amazing children, Jordan and Allie, both of which are grown and have started their careers!

I was introduced to CrossFit in 2011 when I was invited to go watch a CrossFit competition. When I saw the women who were competing doing pull ups, I thought it was incredible. Right then, I had my first goal – I want to do a pull up.

At 41 years old, I started CrossFit. Mind you, I did not have any background in athletics, so every day there was something I had never done. Lifting a barbell, pull-ups, kicking upside down… It was intimidating, for sure, but I kept showing up.

I did compete at a higher level within the sport of CrossFit (before the “Masters division” was a thing!) and learned a lot that has made me the coach I am today. I started coaching in 2012 and have never looked back.

I opened CrossFit SPT in 2015 with the intentions of creating a place to come get a great workout in with great people. Simple, but impactful. 

One of my favorite parts about a CrossFit class is that you have no idea who you are working out next to. It could be a doctor, a stay-at-home mom, a first responder, a teacher…it doesn’t matter at all. What does matter is that you are going through that hard-ass workout together and that forms a bond. 

I love helping our members at CrossFit SPT build confidence in themselves. I truly believe in this lifestyle. Lifting weights, eating well 80% of the time (to drink a beer and eat some goldfish the other 20%), and surrounding yourself with people who will push you outside of your comfort zone is the best way age gracefully. 

COACHES CLASSES

  • CrossFitMon 7:30 am - 8:30 am
  • CrossFitMon 8:30 am - 9:00 am
  • CrossFitWed 7:30 am - 8:30 am
  • Open GymThu 3:30 pm - 5:30 pm
  • Open GymSun 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
  • CrossFitWed 8:30 am - 9:30 am
  • CrossFitTue 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
  • CrossFitWed 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
  • CrossFitThu 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
  • CrossFitFri 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm