With all of the parties, traveling, family dinners, and holiday traditions, it’s sometimes a challenge to make it into the gym, much less eating well with all of the temptations around!
Here are some tips to help keep the extra weight away during the holiday season:
- Eat well throughout the day before going to the get together. In other words, don’t starve yourself all day in hopes of “saving calories.” This usually results in a binge eating session, leaving you feeling bad and miserable! Eat some protein and veggies every 3 hours leading up to the event.
- Drink a ton of water! The more hydrated you are, the better your body can flush out the toxins.
- When at a party or gathering, don’t waste calories on the foods that you can eat all year long. Ritz Crackers and cheese cubes can be eaten at anytime! We say skip that, and go for the Pumpkin Spice.
- Don’t stand by the appetizer table! This leads to mindless snacking. Get yourself a plate of food (fill it up!) and then go find someone to conversate with!
- Get a plate full of protein and veggies as your main course first. Once you have eaten that, then go back and fill up a new plate of goodies. The protein and veggies will be digesting and making you feel full faster.
ENJOY the holidays. Listen to your body when you’re satisfied (not full) and be done. Take a nap, then get outside and throw a football. Have some good food, then don’t take any left-overs home.
Merry Christmas and Happy Training!